New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't even aware of this war so I went to Wikipedia:
The War of 1812 was a conflict fought between the United States, the United Kingdom, and their respective allies from June 1812 to February 1815. Historians in Britain often see it as a minor theater of the Napoleonic Wars; in the United States and Canada, it is seen as a war in its own right.
War of 1812 - Wikipedia

I guess that's why. It hardly even registers with us in the UK

Revolution. 1812. That's 2-0! And its Y'all not you guys... George Washington didn't die so you could say "you guys", FFS.
1812 was the tie in the 1-1-0

I wasn't even aware of this war so I went to Wikipedia:

War of 1812 - Wikipedia

I guess that's why. It hardly even registers with us in the UK

Makes sense that's it's a minor blip on your radar seeing that you guys have been fighting wars for 1500 years. It's hard to keep track of all of them.

Revolution. 1812. That's 2-0! And its Y'all not you guys... George Washington didn't die so you could say "you guys", FFS.
1812 you lost old mate . You started an invasion of Canada and got beaten while we were saving Europe from Napoleon . Remember Ameican history is more bent than Liberace.
Granted in the revolutionary war you eventually won but you needed the French . There the Brits won twice as many battles but logistically it was impossible . All your original geezers were all Brits , 98% of your founding fathers . George Washington's blood was more English than fish and chips.
l would say 1 , 1
with us winning on penalties .

At least he didn't say 'dudes'.
No, but Abraham Lincoln did
giphy.gif

Ok and no-one so far has come out and said that we cannot play midweek, that we cannot play a European game. Like I said if we keep it simple and just host the game like any normal game there should be no problem playing the first game as a midweek European tie on the 9th or 10th April as long as all the authorities agree.

have they said we CAN'T play midweek. I've seen no evidence, just some journalists saying we can't.
Generally where there is smoke there is fire, and some reliable reporters and others have said so. So yea, I am making an assumption, and based on that assumption it would be best if we were drawn with the 2nd leg at home in the QF.

Back
Top Bottom