Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And in two or three years, after another trophyless season, youll be saying exactly the same shit about De ligt as he refuses to sign an extension, gets left out the the team, and whored around to the highest bidder as his transfer value peaks. And the world of Levy economics continues to get the full backing of sammyspurs sammyspurs
And he's 29, just, not 30. Some would say around the peak age for a centre half. But 30 year old crock fits your agenda more, i guess.

Only in the sad and lonely basement that is John's world ... just exactly how many of our signings "from two or three years, after another trophy-less season" are currently being "whored around to the highest bidder" ...

Come on John how many? Be honest you don't have a feckin' clue do you, you're just spouting your usual negative horseshit, you're a sad and depressing feckwit, stop trying to drag us all down with you ....

Enough of JT's irrelevance ... here's some serious information ...

Spurs have been given permission to discuss a transfer with Anthony Martial's agents ... that doesn't mean he's signing, or even that Utd have agreed to sell ... but it is a BIG step ....

Why would they need permission to speak to the agent?

On a more important note, do us all a favour and change your avatar. Many of don't enjoy viewing pictures of underage boys/girls every time we read your dribbling bullshit.
You disgust me

Get out of your basement into the real world you sad feck ... pictures of girls (seriously you can't tell the difference) are only disgusting if you have a disturbed mind ... and you very obviously do ....

Why would they need permission to speak to the agent?

The agent works for both player and club, hard to do deals without them, it seems there is an outline deal with the player's team and that we will now be talking (or have talked) to the club .. might all come to nothing but at least it's got beyond the 'bullshit' stage ....

Get out of your basement into the real world you sad feck ... pictures of girls (seriously you can't tell the difference) are only disgusting if you have a disturbed mind ... and you very obviously do ....
You're not fooling anyone you dirty old man. Boys or girls last night? No, please, keep it to yourself

Foyth is unproven. Hasn't even got a league start yet (or appearance). Wouldn't consider APOEL to be top flight quality so the only top flight standard side he's played against is the pikeys... A loss. Far too soon to be including him in reasons why it's ok to lose Alderweireld. Might as well say Carter-Vickers...

Regressed in table position.
Stagnated in League Cup progression.
Stagnated in FA Cup progression.
Advanced in CL progression.

The last is a big tick given how hard it is to compete in but in the other 3 competitions we were not better than the previous season with Alderweireld in the team.
Beat Real Madrid, Chelsea away, goons and Utd without him.
Finishing 3rd is not regressing when you play 38 away games.

I saw zero stagnation or regression last season and our problems were not at the the back they were up top

Two hours and you're back on ignore ... that's a new record ....
How on earth will I make it through the day

sobbing-gif-.gif

It would to be silly to think Poch gets 100% of his decisions correct. Him and Levy paid £30 for Sissoko. That was a mistake. It is perfectly fine for someone to hold an opinion that Poch is making another mistake with Shaqiri.

Having said that, given the pricetag, Shaqiri will be a useful player for us once Poch gets him to lose the chubba chubs.
Hindsight is great, and of course Poch makes mistakes. People are too quick to make his mistakes just Levy’s though.

It’s all very well saying Sissoko was a mistake two years down the road, but after that euros he had, it looked like a good buy and the idea behind it was spot on.

Beat Real Madrid, Chelsea away, goons and Utd without him.
Finishing 3rd is not regressing when you play 38 away games.

I saw zero stagnation or regression last season and our problems were not at the the back they were up top
Less points, less goals scored, more goals conceded, less wins, more losses.
"More goals conceded" seems to hint at problems at the back. 10 more goals btw.

Beat Utd and the Goons at home with him too. Beat Chelsea in 16/17 with him as well. Lost at the Bridge that year without him.

Kudos for not repeating the Foyth part, that was daft.

And in two or three years, after another trophyless season, youll be saying exactly the same shit about De ligt as he refuses to sign an extension, gets left out the the team, and whored around to the highest bidder as his transfer value peaks. And the world of Levy economics continues to get the full backing of sammyspurs sammyspurs
And he's 29, just, not 30. Some would say around the peak age for a centre half. But 30 year old crock fits your agenda more, i guess.
We just had two or three trophyless seasons with Toby in the club.

You have created a fake savior, and pinned all our success on every player that leaves.
Walker is a decent rb, no more than that, and Toby hasn’t been missed over 80% of the season.

It almost as if you think we would have won the title if we didn’t sell Walker and Toby didn’t get injured.
Like we did last season eh when you was moaning about something else.

Less points, less goals scored, more goals conceded, less wins, more losses.
"More goals conceded" seems to hint at problems at the back. 10 more goals btw.

Beat Utd and the Goons at home with him too. Beat Chelsea in 16/17 with him as well. Lost at the Bridge that year without him.

Kudos for not repeating the Foyth part, that was daft.
Almost as if you think playing at Wembley had no effect. Odd, cos I bet you’ve rubbed it in a few gooners faces.

The Foyth part.....yes he’s unproven, good spot that. Maybe tell Poch he signed a dud, I mean he always be unproven if he’s not played. De Ligt is unproven, Sessengon is unproven. All our targets are usually unproven in the PL.....like Sanchez was, and Dier, and Dele, and Jan, and Eriksen.

Oh the amatures in our team.

Hindsight is great, and of course Poch makes mistakes. People are too quick to make his mistakes just Levy’s though.

It’s all very well saying Sissoko was a mistake two years down the road, but after that euros he had, it looked like a good buy and the idea behind it was spot on.

Not a great buy for sure... I believe there will be loads of post WC transfers... Sissoko was 'ok' this season so getting £30m back for him isn't out of the question unless they want to hang onto him

Almost as if you think playing at Wembley had no effect. Odd, cos I bet you’ve rubbed it in a few gooners faces.
I acknowledge we were at Wembley and it was hard to adjust to at the beginning. Hard to actually quantify what effect it had though no? Can't just put a points total that it attributed to.

The inconvenient truth that's supported by irrefutable metrics is that we regressed this season in the league on last season. When you can refute table position, goals for/ag, wins, losses and GD then we'll talk. In reality however, you can't argue these points as they are (to quote Rafa) "Facts".
The Foyth part.....yes he’s unproven, good spot that. Maybe tell Poch he signed a dud, I mean he always be unproven if he’s not played. De Ligt is unproven, Sessengon is unproven. All our targets are usually unproven in the PL.....like Sanchez was, and Dier, and Dele, and Jan, and Eriksen.

Oh the amatures in our team.
Now now. Don't pull your tried and true ploy of putting words in one's mouth.
Nothing wrong with buying unproven talent. Taking a punt on a player can sometimes hit the jackpot.

You just cannot use an unproven player as justification for allowing a proven player to leave. Otherwise let's sell Son, it's ok we have N'Koudou to replace him with.

Walker is a decent rb, no more than that, and Toby hasn’t been missed over 80% of the season.
Walker is more than a decent rb, to suggest otherwise is very childish. And Toby was missed in our most disapointing defeat of the season, when he was clearly fit to play.
Unlike you, I back ALL our players. Every one of them. And wont start to turn on them as soon as club starts whoring them around the transfer market.

Back
Top Bottom