Are we at a disadvantage again next season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be difficult at Home at first. We always start badly anyway and new surroundings on top of that... it will take a while to settle in. Whilst playing all early matches away will be difficult it might help that by the time we play at home we have got some rhythm.
We've just played an entire season 'away' ...and finished 3rd!
Sometimes people are just LOOKING for a reason to fail!!

I think it’ll be the opposite - it’ll take about the first half of football for the fans to get used to the surroundings.....then it will be a wall of noise and we’ll beat whoever it is so badly they’ll be instantly relegated to League One

I honestly think we are at a disadvantage every season with so many clubs seemingly hating us or acknowledging us as their biggest rivals
Very true

We're the main rival for 3 teams. No other team can say that I don't think.

It also means that if any one of those teams is having a shit season (like Chavs the year Leicester won the league or West ham every year) their players know that if they turn up for these 2 games their own fans will get off their backs and give them huge leeway for the shite they otherwise produce. Big motivation for them and seriously is their cup final.

We've just played an entire season 'away' ...and finished 3rd!
Sometimes people are just LOOKING for a reason to fail!!
I think the start will be similar to this season but not as good as the last season at WHL. However only talking about the start which is always bad but not the outcome of the season which will depend very much on what goes on during the summer. Not looked at the transfer thread yet and really want to continue to enjoy finishing 3rd before getting into that nightmare.

Back in Tottenham.
Fans closer to the pitch.
Less of an experience for the opposition.

Think we'll be just fine.

Completely agree. Last season visiting White Hart Lane was the biggest fear of all the other teams, and I think we'll make New White Hart Lane the same again next season.

Majority of teams set up to not lose at Wembley, this'll change.

I think the start will be similar to this season but not as good as the last season at WHL. However only talking about the start which is always bad but not the outcome of the season which will depend very much on what goes on during the summer. Not looked at the transfer thread yet and really want to continue to enjoy finishing 3rd before getting into that nightmare.
Have you SEEN what the new WHL is gonna look like?
A BIGGER, MORE IMPOSING VERSION of the old White Hart Lane!

The opposition are gonna SHIT themselves!

It will be difficult at Home at first. We always start badly anyway and new surroundings on top of that with different sets of fans in different positions (expect arguments about standing/sitting) it will take a while to settle in. Whilst playing all early matches away will be difficult it might help that by the time we play at home we have got some rhythm.
Hopefully having to have done our transfers by the start of the season may help with our usual poor start. Not saying that's the only reason for it, though.

Have you SEEN what the new WHL is gonna look like?
A BIGGER, MORE IMPOSING VERSION of the old White Hart Lane!

The opposition are gonna SHIT themselves!
Good point.
On the other hand the opposition could, possibly, raise their game. as in REALLY wanting to beat us in the new stadium ?

Disadvantage my arse. This will be where we left off, it is our home. We will hit the ground running and start the next glory glory period in our history.

All you have to do is believe!

Yeah this.

We have just been 18metres from the pitch at Wembley with the lower tier having something like 40 rows.
About to be 8metres from the pitch and the lower tier 30 rows, it’s going to feel properly enclosed again.

Added to that 15k + season ticket holders who have specifically bought tickets in a “wall of noise”.
All piled in together not dotted around a massive stadium.

With a roof that amplifies the sound of the crowd! :vertna:

Think we will be just fine.....

I don't think so. Wembley is a place where some players will never play or only rarely play, they all wanted to get a result there. And the talk of the curse was happening before we even moved there. It will be totally different at WHL because it's ours, forever, and we have history on that site, even if not in that exact stadium.
I don't think we will lose many games at our new ground.

It will be an advantage over Wembley but perhaps a small disadvantage over White Hart Lane for a little while. Going unbeaten in our last season there didn't really help. We will struggle to top that regardless of stadia. This one should be fucking good though.

All we need, for once, is a strong start sustained through to the New Year. Top two, third at a push and we’ll be in with a shout. Not at a disadvantage at all.

I think next season is going to be a free for all. City will be strong of course, but not as dominant as this year, Utd will bring in 2-3 top class players, Liverpool will upgrade a goalie and another CB and I think Chelsea and Woolwich will reload and be back in the mix. Everyone’s going to be dropping lots of points, and we’ll be all guns blazing. Can’t wait

Fuck fuck fuck the media bias...now our own bloody forum members start scaremongering threads...
Fuck the OP (with respect).:dembelefingers:
And no we're not at a disadvantage: we're going home!

Back
Top Bottom