Are we at a disadvantage again next season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will again be playing in an unfamiliar environment and might need a little settling in period , personally I dont think it'll be a significant issue and just putting it out there , I am surprised the agenda driven media haven't picked up on it yet tho.

Return of the HOOODOOO....

raining_david_tennant.gif

Nope .... we will be playing at home with 55,000 Yids giving it large in a stadium where we're back on top of the action ... something our players know and love, and the opposition fear ... pitch is pretty much the same size as Wembley, and most every other pitch in the EPL, so nothing new there ... players will soon pick up site lines and no doubt we will practice there as soon as it's physically possible .... it's not the bricks and mortar it's the atmosphere that matters .....

The curse of the new stadium? I think we will be fine tbh, but the thought did cross my mind. It’s a good reason to keep as much of the squad together as possible though. The boys are used to each other and I think it’s probably why we did so well at Wembley. It’s a very good team that we have & with a little fortune with injuries, I can really see another very strong season next time around. A few nervy performances can be expected though. It wouldn’t be THFC otherwise.

Really hope for once the fixtures are some way kind to us and we have a somewhat easy start at the new ground. As alluded to earlier a couple of dodgy early results and the knives will be out.

Well, the 3 points we threw away v. Chelsea , then the two v Burnley. Basically cost us 2nd spot
Also the failure to score V Swansea and drawing with WBA, All in the first 7 ‘home’ PL games

All games we should have won.
Should have been on 89 points and challenging for title.

Then again if my aunt had bollocks...

Last edited:
Well, the 3 points we threw away v. Chelsea , then the two v Burnley. Basically cost us 2nd spot
Also the failure to score V Swansea and drawing with WBA, All in the first 7 ‘home’ PL games

All games we should have won.
Should have been on 99 points and challenging for title.
Yeah but United threw away plenty of points too, they managed to lose to all the promoted teams.

actually think the year away wasn’t long enough to get used to it, like Chelsea stay will be, and therefore some new players ( on 5 year contracts ) could be playing their entire club career there.
Makes a move back to home seem like moving home.

This way our older players will have experience of settling into a new stadium, with the added bonus of coming back to familiarity.
For the players like Sanchez, Aurier and Lucas etc, Wembley was Spurs for them, it will be the same again for them and the new signings won’t know any difference.

Of course it will take getting used to but the route taken on match days, the environment etc is all familiar. We will probably stutter.
Yet I think the Wembley experience will stand us in good stead.

I honestly think we are at a disadvantage every season with so many clubs seemingly hating us or acknowledging us as their biggest rivals

I can't get my head around the pitch and how it will perform? Hopefully its the quality that Tottenham are known for.

We came 3rd in a four horse race. Next season we need to step up the quality and get running up front.The new stadium must give us a buzz.

As long as we can generate some form from the opening away games I think we will be fine. Atmosphere for the first few weeks should be incredible.

Wembley was flat at the start of the season because nobody really wanted to be there.

I think we're at less of a disadvantage than if we'd moved straight there from OWHL. Having the Wembley season will make the new place seem like home much more quickly. The scum struggled in the new place but they moved straight from Highbury to the Emirates. We will be moving from a stadium with poor atmosphere to one with- hopefully- good atmosphere. That said, I don't expect our full home advantage to be restored until the 19/20 season.

It will be difficult at Home at first. We always start badly anyway and new surroundings on top of that with different sets of fans in different positions (expect arguments about standing/sitting) it will take a while to settle in. Whilst playing all early matches away will be difficult it might help that by the time we play at home we have got some rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom