U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention the Norwich lad. Are they the same age group, him and TP? Could they play up front as a 2-some iyo?

As soon as the rumours about Reo G and RBL surfaced, I wondered whether the club was ambivalent about it all as we had TP following a year or so behind.

Adam Idah is a year older than Parrott, as for whether they could play together as a 2 up top it would have been nice to see, but it's becoming so unappealing for coaches now a days. Would have been happy with him playing as a 10 though.

You may well be spot on with your Griffiths comment!

Adam Idah is a year older than Parrott, as for whether they could play together as a 2 up top it would have been nice to see, but it's becoming so unappealing for coaches now a days. Would have been happy with him playing as a 10 though.

You may well be spot on with your Griffiths comment!
Parrott scored a 30 yarder in a 1-0 win for Ireland U-17. It'll be viewable in the next few days.

I've read elsewhere that other youth coaches rate him very, very highly. Sounds like he really could be the nuts. On the bench at 17/18 maybe. Fingers crossed he carries on improving and stays clear of injuries.

Spurs are sending an u19 team to compete in the Volksbank-Cup at Stemwede, Germany starting on Thursday 10th, as mentioned before on this thread.

The fixture list U19-Turnier Stemwede » Tottenham Hotspur shows we face Lokomotive Moscow, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen after our first match versus Rödinghausen at 15.30 (local time) on Thursday in our group.

Lets hope this means he's signing a pro contract with us !

• Reo griffiths‏ @reo_revaldo

Off to Germany
    1f44c.png
    1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Last edited:
Parrott scored a 30 yarder in a 1-0 win for Ireland U-17. It'll be viewable in the next few days.

I've read elsewhere that other youth coaches rate him very, very highly. Sounds like he really could be the nuts. On the bench at 17/18 maybe. Fingers crossed he carries on improving and stays clear of injuries.

Think a bench position at 17/18 is optimistic these days, and whilst I'm very optimistic I've seen too many 'superstars' at that kind of age not make it for one reason or another - the obvious comparison being Terry Dixon called up by Ireland at about 16/17 but injury took its toll and he was never seen playing a first team match for Spurs or Ireland.

But certainly looks a great prospect...here's hoping everyone feels the same way in 3-5 years time !

Spurs are sending an u19 team to compete in the Volksbank-Cup at Stemwede, Germany starting on Thursday 10th, as mentioned before on this thread.

The fixture list U19-Turnier Stemwede » Tottenham Hotspur shows we face Lokomotive Moscow, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen after our first match versus Rödinghausen at 15.30 (local time) on Thursday in our group.

Players who I definetly know have travelled: Griffiths, Roles, Freeman, Hinds, the Shashoua brothers.

ifE1fK80_bigger.jpg
Ipswich Town FC‏Verified account @Official_ITFC

1f3c6.png
| Town will take on Tottenham in an Academy Showcase game at Portman Road on Saturday 12th May, kick-off 2pm. The game, featuring a mixed U15/ U16 #itfc team, will be played for the ‘Dick Parker Trophy’. Tickets will be sold on the day
1f39f.png
Adults - £3
1f39f.png
Concessions - £1

Dcvg0ZLVAAAmduR.jpg

Always an interesting match, but often no teamsheets so can be a challenge to identify some of the players.

If we are correct we might expect to see Kacper Kurylowicz (Goalkeeper), Luis Binks (Centre Back), Malachi Walcott (Centre Back), Dennis Cirkin (Left Back), Harvey White (Centre Midfield), Chay Cooper (Attacking Midfielder), J'neil Lloyd-Bennett (Winger), Troy Parrott (Striker) if not still away with Ireland, Enoch Asante (Striker) and maybe Rafferty Pedder representing the u16's.

But there's almost 20 u15's at the moment of which there might be half playing in this match if it goes to previous years form (and even a couple of u14's), so its a real lottery trying to predict who might be there, but leading candidates IMO would be (in no order) Max Robson, Marqes Muir, Tobi Oluwayemi (brother of u18 GK), Dermi Lusala, Nile John, Michael and Mathew Craig (twins), Roman Hackett, Zanda Sizba, Sashon Aird Munn and Eddie Alberdi and maybe sub appearances from a couple of u14 players such as Dane Scarlett and Omani Forson (who both appeared in an u17 tournament the other weekend at Woolwich's training ground which Spurs won) or Tarrelle Whittaker

But the gods of football (and/or John McDermott) will no doubt choose different players for the team !

Last edited:
ifE1fK80_bigger.jpg

1f3c6.png
| Town will take on Tottenham in an Academy Showcase game at Portman Road on Saturday 12th May, kick-off 2pm. The game, featuring a mixed U15/ U16 #itfc team, will be played for the ‘Dick Parker Trophy’. Tickets will be sold on the day
1f39f.png
Adults - £3
1f39f.png
Concessions - £1

Dcvg0ZLVAAAmduR.jpg

Always an interesting match, but often no teamsheets so can be a challenge to identify some of the players.

If we are correct we might expect to see Kacper Kurylowicz (Goalkeeper), Luis Binks (Centre Back), Malachi Walcott (Centre Back), Dennis Cirkin (Left Back), Harvey White (Centre Midfield), Chay Cooper (Attacking Midfielder), J'neil Lloyd-Bennett (Winger), Troy Parrott (Striker) if not still away with Ireland, Enoch Asante (Striker) and maybe Rafferty Pedder representing the u16's.

But there's almost 20 u15's at the moment of which there might be half playing in this match if it goes to previous years form (and even a couple of u14's), so its a real lottery trying to predict who might be there, but leading candidates IMO would be (in no order) Max Robson, Marqes Muir, Tobi Oluwayemi (brother of u18 GK), Dermi Lusala, Nile John, Michael and Mathew Craig (twins), Roman Hackett, Zanda Sizba, Sashon Aird Munn and Eddie Alberdi and maybe sub appearances from a couple of u14 players such as Dane Scarlett and Omani Forson (who both appeared in an u17 tournament the other weekend at Woolwich's training ground which Spurs won) or Tarrelle Whittaker

But the gods of football (and/or John McDermott) will no doubt choose different players for the team !

I was able to get a teamsheet the last time we played them there.

Think a bench position at 17/18 is optimistic these days, and whilst I'm very optimistic I've seen too many 'superstars' at that kind of age not make it for one reason or another - the obvious comparison being Terry Dixon called up by Ireland at about 16/17 but injury took its toll and he was never seen playing a first team match for Spurs or Ireland.

But certainly looks a great prospect...here's hoping everyone feels the same way in 3-5 years time !
Dixon really is the nightmare scenario. Poor bloke.

ifE1fK80_bigger.jpg

1f3c6.png
1f39f.png
Adults - £3
1f39f.png
Concessions - £1

Dcvg0ZLVAAAmduR.jpg

Great depth of knowledge on the u15's and 14's! Another player who could feature is Khalon Haysman (midfielder) England u15 international. Will be very interesting to see if Pedder is involved.

Great depth of knowledge on the u15's and 14's! Another player who could feature is Khalon Haysman (midfielder) England u15 international. Will be very interesting to see if Pedder is involved.

Thanks, you are also pretty clued up on Spurs youth across all the age groups - good call on Haysman BTW. The u14's are an even bigger challenge to call as I'd guess (based on previous years) that there will be only a couple included (and I agree Haysman could be one) versus maybe 7/8/9/10 of the u15's (I'm guessing that Parrott may miss this one due to his Ireland matches (?) so only 9 u16's ?).

But agreed the most interesting is definitely Pedder - if he appears he's in the Academy next season, but if not its most likely he's still not fit (or even left) so his chances of being in the Academy next season are probably much less,

Last edited:
Players who I definetly know have travelled: Griffiths, Roles, Freeman, Hinds, the Shashoua brothers.

He's usually right with youth news !

Lilywhite Rose @lilywhite_rose

Our full 18 man squad for Stemwede

GK Austin & Freeman
RB Hinds
CB TJ Eyoma, Tanganga, Statham & Dinzeyi
DM Marsh & Skipp
CM Duncan, Roles & Markanday
WF Mukendi, A Shashoua & S Shashoua
FW Tracey, Griffiths & Sterling

A few surprises if true. I thought that Tracey might be moved on as he's not really lived up to expectation since joining and equally I was unsure whether Marsh and Duncan were good enough to keep - thought both were a 50/50 chance.

Mukendi (Academy year 1) has hardly appeared this season due to injury so this is a chance to see what he can do at this level. Same story I think is true for Statham.

Think its the first time I've seen the Shashua brothers in the same squad, but I'm sure its happened before

EDIT: Well this is apparently refusing to load so I guess I'll write it up. It's a tweet from Ricky Sacks saying that Scott Parker was one of 11 men interviewed by Ipswich about becoming their new manager.

Thanks, you are also pretty clued up on Spurs youth across all the age groups - good call on Haysman BTW. The u14's are an even bigger challenge to call as I'd guess (based on previous years) that there will be only a couple included (and I agree Haysman could be one) versus maybe 7/8/9/10 of the u15's (I'm guessing that Parrott may miss this one due to his Ireland matches (?) so only 9 u16's ?).

But agreed the most interesting is definitely Pedder - if he appears he's in the Academy next season, but if not its most likely he's still not fit (or even left) so his chances of being in the Academy next season are probably much less,

Yes you're right on Parrott, Ireland play their final group game tomorrow afternoon with in,y a draw needed to qualify for the quarters. Meaning that Asante will probably start up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom