Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's controversial but both all 4 full backs could be improved upon.

It's such an important position in the modern game and of our four none have all of the following attributes

Pace
Tackeling
Crossing
Passing
Positioning

Worth having a little perspective. Won 6 on the trot in the league before losing to City (not a shameful result) followed by this.

I get it. We’re Spurs - we’re scared of the worst happening. Fucking hell, my brain is doing the same. But we can’t get amnesia about how good we’ve been since the turn of the year.

Worrying thing from a fear point of view is that if Chelsea win their next two league games then they’ll be two points behind us waiting for us to play.

Still. The gap we made from Chelsea is useful exactly because of situations like this. Leeway to slip up.

Since December 23rd our League form reads...

16 games played...
11 wins
4 draws
1 loss

But melters gonna melt I suppose. They don't need facts, they just need an axe to grind.

Regressed? Do me a favour.
Dont really see any melting as such. Just serious concern at 2 dismal back to back performances at the business end of the season.
After throwing a 10 point lead over Woolwich a few years ago I can understand some fans feeling paranoid over Chavs overhauling us.

No im talking about leagues and cups. I mean yeah we done well in the cups this season. But you're forgetting all the other teams who were poorer than us last season they've done better in the league and better OR at least as well(minimum) in the cups.

They've overtaken us is what im saying. You can't deny that surely.

What like Chelsea (the league winners) and woolwich (the FA cup winners)? That’s a pretty easy thing to deny.

No im talking about leagues and cups. I mean yeah we done well in the cups this season. But you're forgetting all the other teams who were poorer than us last season they've done better in the league and better OR at least as well(minimum) in the cups.

And when we go back home, we'll be much better based on that fact alone.

Well it’s not like aurier was a nobody that we went just because he was available for peanuts. He was the starter for Paris for years and always highly rated. Unfortunately he’s been a massive disappointment so far. He’s too reckless defending. He has to learn how to not give a fucking penalty almost every game.

Big Clue on ability.............

Citeh bid 50 mil for Walker , we picked up Aurier after a bidding war with no one.

No, they were discussing on the radio earlier - top 4 automatically go into groups, so actually how Utd, Dippers and us finish doesn't actually matter, as long as its top 4

UEFA state that it comes in 2018/19 season. I think that where the confusion whether it applies to teams playing that season or whether it’s league placings from that season.

Kane didn't look too sharp, did he? Very ponderous on the ball, slow on the turn and snap into the shot...but perhaps looked better as the game progressed.
Thought some of the crossing from Davies and Aurier was woeful.
And what the hell has happened to Wanyama? He was my player of the season last year, but looks so clumsy, slow and even weak at times!
Real forgettable, abject stuff.

Ok

So in August, playing 38 games away from home, what was your expectation

Not right now with the thoughts of theast month that second was on, but even after losing that first home game to Chelsea?

Because to be blunt I thought top 6 was best we could hope with maybe a couple of CL wins to improve on last year and maybe a decent cup run

Well, we exceeded my league performance expectations and smashed pretty much everyone's CL expectations

And the Cup run still isn't over

So yes shit results last two games but we have outperformed what was a fair expectation for this year on the road

UEFA state that it comes in 2018/19 season. I think that where the confusion whether it applies to teams playing that season or whether it’s league placings from that season.
Yeah, that is very confusing language, but if the BBC are stating that top 4 get auto group stages, then am fairly confident that is true

Not even a subtle attempt at trolling.

Jog on.

Back
Top Bottom