Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Damn right rotate it... I read that as Kane in goal, and Lloris up front on his own in a 3-2-4-1 formation!!

Don't you know the rules...? It's always the 'keeper at the top!!
[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Toby?, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Moura, Kane][/formation]
why not bottom up rather than top down . Right there may be our problem? Japanese do things opposite than us and are mentally smarter?

Massive game this, need to show everyone we aren’t demotivated by Juventus. Race out the blocks and score early, we can still finish second this year, and have a huge chance in the cup to get some silverware

Lloris;
Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose;
Wanyama, Dembélé;
Moura, Eriksen, Son;
Kane.

1-3

That looks a good team to me.

Will be close to the one that starts I think, give or take a player and assuming all are fit.

It would not surprise me either to see Sissoko and Wanyama, just for the physicality and to push Bournemouth back somewhat.

Important NOT to lose more than it is to win.

I hope the players have had time to think about midweek and about how much they WANT to be in those games. I hope they have moved through the grief cycle, and got to a point where they are truly motivated but functioning perfectly....and can go out and utterly and completely obliterate Bournemouth. I want at least 4 goals, preferably 7. A hatrick for Son, one for Kane, don't care who gets the others.

Let's send a statement, we are finishing second.

I think it is more than possible we have either seen the last of Alderweireld in a Tottenham shirt or that he will sign a new contract knowing that would be suitors might now be put off.

In Pochettino's words I am calm.

It’s an interesting one.

If he really is injured then it doesn’t look good for him short term as his hamstring obviously needs a bit of time to properly heal. Will this affect what others will pay for him and pay him?

If he’s not injured then the whole squad will be aware of what’s happening and that could overshadow our run in.

Shame. He could have been our Kompany an old head in the team.

Saying that he’s got to realise he won’t earn the same or more than Kane so if that is what he wants he’s gone.

Signing Foyth and Sanchez and the refusal to entertain Dier being sold was a massive indicator we are at worst planning for a future without him.
So at least we are being proactive if he chooses to go.

It'd be a shame. We've coped without him because we have a damn good team, but we are NOT a better team without him. Absolutely no way. He's the best centre back in the league. He'll strengthen any team that's after him and will weaken us.

I think we'll see him again this season - if we don't it'll be interesting to check him out at the World Cup. It almost feels a bit like the whole Bentaleb situation that time where he was apparently injured, yet was training all the time and then played for Algeria etc.

I think it is more than possible we have either seen the last of Alderweireld in a Tottenham shirt or that he will sign a new contract knowing that would be suitors might now be put off.

In Pochettino's words I am calm.
Well that's both bases covered then...
I bow to your mystic wisdom O'Wise Oracle!
:tobyarm::hugoshock:

Im interested to see how we deal with the pressure of having to get a win against Bournemouth and getting above Liverpool in the PL, if they lose? Especially after the weeks events.

Back
Top Bottom