Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overmars said: “Ajax have made a top offer of a new contract to Davinson.”

The thing here is that for Davinson, if he wants to come of course, more money at Ajax probably wont be the deciding factor.

The PL is a massive step up, even if Ajax are a giant side, and the quality around him, and number of fellow Dutch players will hopefully see us over the line
More importantly Ajax are out of the CL this season.

IF Ajax are offering him a contract then Spurs are clearly far along potentially agreeing a deal for this guy. Sounds like a last minute attempt at persuading him to stay. He could well still stay but you have to say that Spurs must be close if they are suddenly offering him a contract. Let's hope we get this one over the line aswell as Barkley.

De Telegraaf reporting that they rejected a €40m bid and offered the player a new contract, breaking the clubs wage structure.

Reports in Austria that we have accepted a bid of €23m (and a sell-on clause) for Kevin Wimmer from Southampton, but we want to secure Sanchez first.

I totally agree Wanyama and Dembele are the best CDM pair.

But, Sanchez surely isn't going to be a 35m bench-warmer. Same for Barkley. So, where would all this leave Dier? Relying on us going deep in the cups to give him enough game time to book his place in Russia? Or, worse, relying on getting opportunities at RB until KWP is ready to deputise for Trippier?

Don't get me wrong, both these guys would be great additions to our squad and I'd be thrilled to have them. I'm just wondering what impact their arrival might have on the way we use Dier and/or the way Dier reacts to situation.

Barkley as holding DM = Scary.

De Telegraaf reporting that they rejected a €40m bid and offered the player a new contract, breaking the clubs wage structure.

Reports in Austria that we have accepted a bid of €23m (and a sell-on clause) for Kevin Wimmer from Southampton, but we want to secure Sanchez first.
Makes perfect sense. No way we can weaken our defence any further.

Nah, he's Chinese. There are remedies for that.

Tiger Penis, right?

bafetimbi-gomis-swansea.jpg

An improved contract will not keep him at Ajax, any PL side can blow what's offered out of the water. If he stays it will be for football reasons. Suspect if there are any truth with our interest then this is nothing more than normal public negations.
Overmars has to be seen to be trying, but this line, if true, suggests their 'rejection' of our offer is meaningless.
Ajax are desperate to hold onto him, but are aware the final decision lies with the player...

Back
Top Bottom