And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good year to you all.

Congrats with the win against Chelski and thanks for making the EPL interesting again.

Some silly questions I'm afraid
- How many tickets can you purchase as a member for the game Spurs - KAA Gent at Wembley? Just the one?
- Does the billing adress (for the tickets) have to be in the UK?
- If I buy from abroad (clever cookies can guess where from) will I allowed entry in 112, even though it is reserved for home fans?

In short: As a wellbehaved KAA Gent supporter I'm looking for 8 tickets near the away end as the changes for getting some of the allocated away tickets is slim. People over here are planning to camp the night before those tickets go on sale (there will be only a 1000 on general sale).
Who can help or advise?

Thanks!
As far as I am aware it's only one ticket per membership.

This is going to be a strange one to gauge the demand for the tickets as it looks like we are only using the middle and lower tiers which I think is a total of 50'ish thousand seats. Seeing as we are selling them for £10!! I guess those that a) didn't like the Wembley experience in our CL run will probably say fuck it I'll buy a ticket as its so cheap. b) reduced capacity and cheap seats I think tickets will sell out. I have read that you lot are really excited by this fixture and therefore will push up the demand too.

Ultimately what I'm getting to is if the demand for seats is there I'm guessing we might open the top tier which is another 40k seats. If this happens I doubt we would sell out Wembley like we did for the Champions League, so expect you will be able to get as many tickets as you want. I think being patient might be they way forward.

Good year to you all.

Congrats with the win against Chelski and thanks for making the EPL interesting again.

Some silly questions I'm afraid
- How many tickets can you purchase as a member for the game Spurs - KAA Gent at Wembley? Just the one?
- Does the billing adress (for the tickets) have to be in the UK?
- If I buy from abroad (clever cookies can guess where from) will I allowed entry in 112, even though it is reserved for home fans?

In short: As a wellbehaved KAA Gent supporter I'm looking for 8 tickets near the away end as the changes for getting some of the allocated away tickets is slim. People over here are planning to camp the night before those tickets go on sale (there will be only a 1000 on general sale).
Who can help or advise?

Thanks!
Tickets go on general sale on 16th Jan (Spurs v Gent - ticket details 20 December 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com). Before then, it'll be one ticket per member, but once they're on general sale I imagine members would be able to buy multiple tickets. Given what you're saying though about the demand from Gent fans, I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs look carefully at the delivery/billing addresses of those who buy on general sale though to try and stop you well-behaved Belgians from getting into the home sections. Understandably, they aren't going to publicise this in advance!

If you're absolutely desperate to get a ticket and don't want so much risk, I'd suggest just buying a Spurs membership, then using it to buy your tickets on the 16th Jan.

As far as I am aware it's only one ticket per membership.

Ultimately what I'm getting to is if the demand for seats is there I'm guessing we might open the top tier which is another 40k seats. If this happens I doubt we would sell out Wembley like we did for the Champions League, so expect you will be able to get as many tickets as you want. I think being patient might be they way forward.

Isnt the problem the license? Wembley only have a license to be a full house for limited number of matches/events a year.

Hopefully if we were in the happy situation of say drawing MUFC in the semi, theyd save that for a full capacity as they'd easily sell out , and not at £5 a ticket either!

Begs the question for next season - if we draw Goons or Chavs in the cup, could we have full capacity for them? Or even the really big Cat A PL matches? Anybody know?

Isnt the problem the license? Wembley only have a license to be a full house for limited number of matches/events a year.

Hopefully if we were in the happy situation of say drawing MUFC in the semi, theyd save that for a full capacity as they'd easily sell out , and not at £5 a ticket either!

Begs the question for next season - if we draw Goons or Chavs in the cup, could we have full capacity for them? Or even the really big Cat A PL matches? Anybody know?
Yeah. It's just I haven't seen anywhere, even this fixture, that says it will be half the stadium. (I might have missed something). All they have done is release tickets for the lower and middle tiers, without say/confirming if that they intend to open up top tier, or they can't/won't open up top tier.

For next season I have heard that the club are negotiating for the bigger cat A games (Scum, Chavs, Manure etc) as full capacity. The others will be reduced to middle and bottom (54k I think) because of the restrictions on the licence negotiated with locals. I think it's 22 events at full capacity. It is details in a thread somewhere but can't be arsed to trawl through.

Thanks for the quick responses. It was very helpful.

And yes, the excitement here is going through the roof.
Some are considering selling their mother-in-law for a ticket.
I quite like mine, though.

Expectations regarding the game: we'll lose obviously. We don't care.
Tottenham is a respected adversary. There is no shame in going out against such a team.
Wembley is epic. The FA cup was broadcast here on national TV for decades (80s-90s).
I still remember Nico Claesen being the first Belgian in a FA Cup final, as a subsitute for Spurs.
It didn't help much I'm afraid.
How times have changed.

Looking at the seat map, most tickets sold so far are Club Wembley along the sidelines, plus a chunk behind the west goal.
Vxdrqod.png
For info, I managed to get on by 1210 yesterday and all those red blocks in club Wembley at the top of that pic were like that when I got on. So unless they e been released since then, they're probably being held back.

I think the Cup team Poch fielded yesterday, will seem like a team of seasoned, ageing Pro's compared to the Europa League team I think he'll go with...

Josh 'Old Man' Onomah and Harry 'Wrinkled' Winks will probably be the two oldest on show!!

So the ticket gods must have remembered my CL pain last time round - in within 5 mins and 3 £10 seats next to each other in Club Wembley behind the singing section.

Beer and football.

Back
Top Bottom