Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate the 5 at the back. We find it hard at the best of times but taking another mid out makes us even more stagnant. Would prefer dier splitting the CBs but playing CDM than him playing in a permanent back 3. Winks or dembele at CM. The other moose gets another game after good showings in recent weeks. Eriksen and kane pick themselves. Leaves one more, either son or dele but i would like to see gkn get minutes at some point as well

-------------------------Lloris--------------------
Alderweireld-Wimmer-Vertonghen
Walker-------Alli---Dembele---------Rose
----------------------Eriksen------------------------
-------------------Son-------Kane-----------------

Agree on all but Trippier and Davies. The starting fullbacks' form is such that right now I think they're undroppable.
And apart from that, it's also questionable whether Trippier and Davies can actually play as wingbacks in a back 5. Wales use that system for example, but Davies is positioned as the LCB, not as the left-wingback.

The other moose gets another game after good showings in recent weeks. Eriksen and kane pick themselves. Leaves one more, either son or dele but i would like to see gkn get minutes at some point as well

Not going to lie, there was a time when I never thought I would hear that Sissoko had a good game for spurs, but I have been proved wrong!! And what a awesome feeling it was watching him on Wednesday prove me wrong!!!
I did read an article (can't be bothered to find the link) on how he said he has found it hard to adjust to the intensity of training with Poch but now he is slowly getting used to it and he hopes it will show on the pitch!!
If Poch can get him to play like he did in the euros week in week out, 30mil would sound like a bargain!!!
I fucking love Poch!!!!!
:pocheyes::pochlol:

Has it really only been a year since we had that useless organ bag in our team.

Crikey. It's been the best kind of felt-like-forever

Yeah, he left at the beginning of last season. One of the most underrated moments of last season.

The
Not going to lie, there was a time when I never thought I would hear that Sissoko had a good game for spurs, but I have been proved wrong!! And what a awesome feeling it was watching him on Wednesday prove me wrong!!!
I did read an article (can't be bothered to find the link) on how he said he has found it hard to adjust to the intensity of training with Poch but now he is slowly getting used to it and he hopes it will show on the pitch!!
If Poch can get him to play like he did in the euros week in week out, 30mil would sound like a bargain!!!
I fucking love Poch!!!!!
:pocheyes::pochlol:
I agree , at least we are moving forward with him. Although for me, there is still a lot to do with him. He could be as good as Viera through the middle or as bad as Townsend wide , its hes choice.I feel he could be very good for us. If he added goals to the penetrative runs he could be top draw. ( i dont want to say world class )

Had the weirdest dream that I was watching/following the game, whilst Whiskey tasting in an old Antique shop on the Tottenham High Road... Go figure?

anyway...
Burnley (who in my dream were at home for some reason) went 1-0 up on 39 mins... we equalised immediately, but they went 2-1 up just before HT... It all kicked off in the 'home' end, as a kid wearing the yellow Burnley away top was chased down the High Road by loads of irate Spurs fans with dogs!!!

That's a lot of action before HT, I realise, and I woke up before the 2nd half kicked off... so don't know how the game ended!!!

But any keen spot betters out there... I think I know the HT score!! :pochwtf:

I need to stop eating cheese before bed! :pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom