Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you 12? Do you have any fucking understanding of the real world?
"We need a wide attacker with physical presence" You really think Poch went to Levy with that mandate? Levy is a businessman not a fucking scout.

Next time you have an imagining of what happened in the top office at Lilywhite House, keep it to yourself to save yourself further embarrassment.

Well, I was only imagining what must have been said behind closed doors. Pochettino was actually quoted as saying in the press:

"We need a player that is more direct, a player that is more aggressive and offensive,” Pochettino said.

“We have a player like [Christian] Eriksen or Son [Heung-Min] or [Érik] Lamela that are players who like to play into feet.”

“Some characteristics like that we see today from Liverpool. Mané, this type of player that can be offensive.”
source: Tottenham: Pochettino Wants Direct and Aggressive Players

Surely, at a bare minimum, Levy pays attention to what Pochettino says in the press?

If you think he didn't verbalize this desire to Levy at some point during their summer strategizing, you must be terribly naive, perhaps even younger than 12. Furthermore, you must have long-term memory problems to have forgotten every other time Levy went solo bargain hunting at the close of the transfer window! Did you become a spurs fan yesterday ;)?

So this doesn't really help...

Moussa Sissoko: Tottenham expected more - Mauricio Pochettino

Something really stuck out for me though...
Poch's quote;"Football is not about money," (said Pochettino)
Oh but Poch... it really is... it really is these days. Anyone who doesn't think that is deluding themselves I'm afraid.

Otherwise we'd currently be boasting a team with Gareth Bale, Michael Carrick and Luka Modric in it, with Dimitar Berbatov just happy to play the occasional game from the bench... and we'd all be managed by ONE-CLUB LEGEND Sol Campbell (who was good to his word, and never left)... with Stephen Carr as his assistant!!

Just look at some of the names, and astranomical figures featured below;
TOPSPURS - the world famous home of Tottenham Hotspur on the internet

I'll start the bidding with Ryan Mason; £13,000,000 ....THIR-TEEEEEN MILL-I-ON POUNDS!
...then tell me the game ain't about money!

Well, I was only imagining what must have been said behind closed doors. Pochettino was actually quoted as saying in the press:

"We need a player that is more direct, a player that is more aggressive and offensive,” Pochettino said.

“We have a player like [Christian] Eriksen or Son [Heung-Min] or [Érik] Lamela that are players who like to play into feet.”

“Some characteristics like that we see today from Liverpool. Mané, this type of player that can be offensive.”
source: Tottenham: Pochettino Wants Direct and Aggressive Players

Surely, at a bare minimum, Levy pays attention to what Pochettino says in the press?

If you think he didn't verbalize this desire to Levy at some point during their summer strategizing, you must be terribly naive, perhaps even younger than 12. Furthermore, you must have long-term memory problems to have forgotten every other time Levy went solo bargain hunting at the close of the transfer window! Did you become a spurs fan yesterday ;)?
Poch saying this in the press is a worrying development as it will be harder for Sissoko to get back into the team. Poch does not forgive easily and once you are sidelined it is the beginning of the end. Townsend, Adebayor & Benteleb are examples of this. Also Levy will not be happy and he is very quick to get rid of someone (Managers) he sees as not toeing the line.

Poch saying this in the press is a worrying development as it will be harder for Sissoko to get back into the team. Poch does not forgive easily and once you are sidelined it is the beginning of the end. Townsend, Adebayor & Benteleb are examples of this. Also Levy will not be happy and he is very quick to get rid of someone (Managers) he sees as not toeing the line.

I think you may have replied to the wrong post- the comments I quoted were from earlier in the summer before we had purchased Sissoko and before the transfer window had closed.

I think you may have replied to the wrong post- the comments I quoted were from earlier in the summer before we had purchased Sissoko and before the transfer window had closed.
Yes you are right it was today's press comment that worried me
'Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has failed to live up to expectations following his £30m move from Newcastle, says manager Mauricio Pochettino.
France international Sissoko, 27, did not even make the bench for Spurs' 2-1 defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.
"Football is not about money," said Pochettino.
"You need to show on the training ground you are better than another team-mate and you deserve to be involved."

Yes you are right it was today's press comment that worried me
'Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has failed to live up to expectations following his £30m move from Newcastle, says manager Mauricio Pochettino.
France international Sissoko, 27, did not even make the bench for Spurs' 2-1 defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.
"Football is not about money," said Pochettino.
"You need to show on the training ground you are better than another team-mate and you deserve to be involved."

Just to be fair, Poch did not say that Sissoko "has failed to live up to expectations". That is a specific type of paraphrasing designed to generate controversy and clicks.

I think what Poch said was plenty fair given Sissoko's poor performances on and off the pitch so far this season. Really hope he figures his shit out and comes good. God knows we cannot afford to just piss away 30m...

new stadium ?

138.gif

It can only be speculation. But fairly certain most would be within the bracket suggested if not all, I get that age and wages are a factor.

Long - 10-20 ( last sold for 12 million )
Berhihino - 10-20 mill ( who knows after Pearce and Levy fucked his career )
Austin 5-10 mill ( signed for 5 last year )
Rodriguez 5-10 ( being linked away this year at that price )
Rondon 15-20 ( last sold at 15 mil )
Llorente 5 million ( Seville keen to sell and an undisclosed fee )
Wilson 12 million ( complete guess here )
Negrado..on a loan this season / 5 million
Defoe - would have to guess at a small fee.

But again (3rd time) which of those are under 25?

You also seem to be talking in future tense with isn't relevant unless we make a time machine, take it back in time to June and then get Poch to go forward in time and tell January Poch to buy someone, before June Poch goes back to June, gives us back the time machine, and we appear back today.

Absolutely, Levy pannicked on deadline after fucking around all transfer window, realised other teams were buying so felt he had to get someone. I still can't believe we bought him :(
so why this window? why was this the one when levy panicked? do you have anything even resembling proof that pochettino and paul mitchell had no say? or are you just saying it was a levy panic buy for the dake of it, when in reality you have no idea?

no. it was dropping his pants for the FA before the beak had even taken his wig off that cost redknapp his job

Plus slagging off the club about his contract. Can't remember the words, but it was a back handed dig about his release clause.

But again (3rd time) which of those are under 25?.

I owe you an apology. I misread your post to mean who would have cost less than £25 million. Not who is younger than 25 years old

Apologies. Kills the debate we were having !

Last edited:
so why this window? why was this the one when levy panicked? do you have anything even resembling proof that pochettino and paul mitchell had no say? or are you just saying it was a levy panic buy for the dake of it, when in reality you have no idea?
Resembling proof?, erm no, it's just my opinion ffs :)

Back
Top Bottom