Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If eriksen starts next match im going to be very disapointed he has been absolute garbage. Harry kane doesnt have the pace to be anywhere near lethal enough at the 10. Dembele is much needed one match to go till hes back

Lucky draw. Had some good patches of play. Really feel we need 1 or 2 impact players brought in for the bench. Who? Not a fucking clue. International break is way too soon though

Good cameo from Onomah.
Angle_Brush_Size_2__96057.1406774337.190.285.jpg

Its about results this early in season

Poch still undoing what that cunt Woy did to them! We'll be rolling soon, shame about goal, I still stand by my point that we will only concede from set pieces, tidy that up we will win most games

Happy with the point, the performance... not so much.

Vorm was outstanding. Danny had a good match as well. Alderweireld Dier and Vertonghen did what they could at the back. Wanyama was decent. The rest... average at best. Eriksen in particular was extremely poor.

Thought Wanyama had a good game today, Vorm was terrific can't fault him, his speed off the line gives me confidence going into the season and cup games when Lloris is fit again. Eriksen has been a passenger for a while now, the guy needs a fucking rocket up his arse.

Am I allowed to take a point and be happy that a poor performance didn't result in a 4-1 spanking... without being labelled a Poch 'fanboy', and a brainwashed Spurs Monthly subscriber who is under Levy's evil spell?

We'll grow from this... we need to learn from this season, and remember what we did so right last season...
We've been slow starters in both seasons under Poch, but at least after the first 3 games this season we're still unbeaten, and 3 points better off than this time last year...

now that's progress!

Janssen is gonna take a while to bed in to the PL though, isn't he?

The most important thing when we're not playing well is to just not lose. It's the same as last season. Until we lost against Newcastle we were unbeaten apart from the first game despite long runs of being below par, and that's what made the media notice us as potential title contenders. You kind of forget the performance after a few weeks and just look at the results and so, so far it doesn't look too bad again.

We were pretty woeful but we still got a point which is fantastic in the context of things.

Rose bossed the left wing and I fucking loved his meg on I think Clyne or Mane first half, anyone got a video of it?

Seems something wrong with Eriksen he just seems so blasé & the team may need to warm up like last season which is annoying.

Vorm was great today, he has always needed a run of games and people seem to forget he was actually really Good for Swansea

Key for me was Poch's training.

He did change the right wing 4 times, so it's bananas formation wise but once again our fitness saved us.

I think his plan b has gone from non existent to all out attack. So it's positive but risks cricket scores.

It's a miracle Liverpool didnt score in open play. We can't ignore that. We were very very lucky.

Thank god for Poch's fitness regime.

Vorm or Toby MOTM and that's not good from a team shape/management aspect.

We looked leggy for some reason but we should have had a pen, they should have been down to 10 and contact for the penalty was outside just but outside all the same. We rallied scored a peach from open play. The luck lick was with them, game stats were almost identical

Back
Top Bottom